Tuition and Fees
The Rutgers Board of Governors approved the University's tuition and fee rate schedule on July 19, 2017 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The University's Office of Student Accounting, Billing, and Cashiering provides access to your online term bill, processes refunds, administers payment plans, coordinates exit counseling, and assists with issues that arise with your student account. The Department is also referred to as the Bursar's Office, the Campus Business Office, or the Cashier's Office.
We strongly recommend that students review their website for current tuition and fees information, refund policies and procedures, and documents for tax preparation (e.g. 1098-T, W-9 S, Tuition Summary, Education Tax Benefits).
TUITION AND FEES
|2017-2018 Tuition Rates (per credit)|
|New Jersey Resident|
|Student fees are NOT included in the tuition rates and will vary on the number of registered credits and courses.|
HOW DO I VIEW/PAY MY TERM BILL
Once a student has registered for their course(s), they can login to view and pay their term bill via the Student Account System (students will no longer receive paper bills in the mail). Students will need to use their Rutgers University Identification Number (RUID) and Personal Access Code (PAC) to login.
what payment options can i use to pay my term bill
The Office of Student Accounting, Billing, and Cashiering accepts different forms of payments; electronic check, credit card (online only), cash, money order, or paper check.
Payments can be made online, through the mail, or in-person at a campus Cashier's Office. Payments are NOT accepted via phone.
Electronic check transactions are electronic withdrawals from either your checking or savings bank account. Payment with e-check is the most secure and convenient way to pay your tuition and fees and offer the following benefits:
- No waiting on lines or paying for postage
- No additional fees or percentages charged for the electronic check
- Payments are applied to your account faster, eliminating the check transit in the mail
- E-checks are safe and secure, no more lost or stolen paper checks
When you review your term bill and confirm your attendance online, you will be required to enter bank information and your email address. If you would like step-by-step instructions on how to complete the electronic check payment process, please click here.
- Electronic checks through the web are accepted.
- No money markets, investment accounts, or credit card accounts are accepted.
- If the electronic check is returned as unpaid from the bank as a returned check, a $10.00 return check fee will be assessed and applicable late fees will be applied to your account.
- Any payments not honored by the bank will be re-deposited and will incur applicable late and penalty fees.
Credit cards can be used to make payment online ONLY. Credit card payments are NOT accepted via phone or in-person. Any payments for tuition and fees made in-person at our Cashier's Offices MUST be made by cash, check or money order.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Cards are accepted for online payments.
- A non-refundable 2.5 percent service fee of the total amount paid is assessed by the credit card company.
Paper Checks and Money Orders
Checks or money orders, made payable to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, are accepted through the mail or in-person.
- Indicate the student's name, telephone number, and RUID number on the front of the check.
- Print out the term bill, calculate, and fill in the Payment Form (bottom portion of the term bill).
- Mail your payment and term bill to:
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Term Bill Processing Unit
P.O. Box 2021
New Brunswick, NJ 08903-2021